Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In and Out









I'm climbing out of the rut, I finally finished my confetti dress! I think it's really cute, and it taught me a lot of things about zippers and hemming a full skirt. This project also taught me that it's okay to make mistakes, especially if you have a seam ripper. Just take it apart carefully and start again. It's better to begrudgingly fix a mistake than it is to begrudgingly live with it for the rest of your life. I noticed a few little things that might need to be fixed after the mini photo shoot with Matilda.

I was so happy that I finished this dress, that I started another one immediately after. Gingham!
So I'm ready for Spring. And I hope I can stay out of my rut for a while.


And I've also been working on this aviator hat...I'm a huge fan of The New 52 Catwoman (even though the feminist in me cries hot painful tears.) I had this sexy black PVC fabric and decided that this would be a fantastic idea. Not finished yet, needs further shaping, it's a tad baggy.

And while we're on the topic of cats. Here's a bow tie I made for my cat Parsley. The dress I made her didn't turn out great, either times. Cat shapes and people shapes are not the same. Not the same at all. Third time's the charm?


 Anyway, I'm sorry I've been slacking. I've noticed that most of my viewership is from Russia right now.
Did you mean: hello
привет! 
спасибо!
Please keep an eye out for updates on my Etsy. More Sugar Loafs will be added soon!
XOXO
Alexandria



No comments:

Post a Comment