Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweet Loafs!

So I've been making a few of these things I like to call Loafs, or Sugar Loafs. They're essentially cute beady eyed soft toys in snow suits. I really love making them and I designed it perfectly the first time through  it took a few faulty designs to finally make them just right.

I've discovered that cotton flannel is the perfect material for the body. It's soft and generally forgiving and hides the hand sewn portion really well. The eyes are 12mm eye beads I bought off Etsy and the face is a thin dotted cotton. It looks like they have freckles!

They come in three sizes so far. These sizes might change if I decide to make bigger or smaller ones.

Standard Sugar Loaf (The pink cupcake one and the big space suit one next to each other!)
Small Sugar Loaf (The space suit loaf hanging on the very edge!)
Mini Sugar Loaf (The one without a face yet!)

They're not listed on my Etsy yet, but they are for sale temporarily at Hedonist Artisan Chocolates in Rochester, NY. If you're local to that area, stop by and pick one up. Got cozy hearts there too! If you're not, unfortunately, they don't sell them online the way they sell their delicious chocolates. They'll be there until sold OR after Valentine's day.

I'm trying to find other days to post on my blog because I find it difficult to wait until Sunday for these things. I want to share everything right away! But I need to learn some disciple. Sundays will be a given, but I'll add another day. Just one. More pictures next time!

Oh! I made a facebook fanpage! And a Tumblr page. Like and follow me on those as well! Facebook especially because it'll be the freshest place to get Charging Hearts news.

I'd also like to say hello to +Malu! Hello~
Thank you for being my first follower!




No comments:

Post a Comment